Marine collagen has turn into a magnificence buzzword not too long ago, and a few have even called it the next health superfood. Research suggests marine collagen health benefits range from weight and muscle upkeep, to bone and joint help, to promoting healthy tissue growth of the hair, skin and nails.* Collagen is also an necessary element of the intestine’s connective tissue and will assist help the protective lining of the digestive tract.* In this post we’ll discover the unique health and wonder benefits of marine collagen peptides.
What’s marine collagen?
Marine collagen is a pure form of hypoallergenic protein produced from the skins of fish. Fish skins remaining from meals production are totally washed, then hydrolyzed by an acid and a food grade enzyme to yield marine collagen peptides, which have a low molecular weight for simple digestion and absorption.
Though all collagen consists of the identical amino acids, marine collagen differs from bovine or porcine-derived collagen in that it accommodates higher amounts of the amino acids Glycine and Proline, which have been significantly associated with promoting healthy hair, skin and nails.* Marine Collagen can also be absorbed into the body faster.*
Marine Collagen Benefits
Marine collagen peptides are comprised of two types of collagen, types I & III. Type I and Type III collagen benefits include promoting healthy hair and nail progress, improving skin elasticity and hydration, as well as supporting joint health and performance, bone power and healthy body composition.
• Skin elasticity and hydration: Studies have shown that oral supplementation with collagen peptides could improve hallmarks of skin getting older, resembling elasticity and hydration.* In one recent medical examine, marine collagen peptides have been mixed with plant-derived antioxidants. Skin properties together with elasticity, sebum production, epidermal/dermal thickness and collagen density had been remarkably improved after 2 months of supplementation 1 A beneficial dose of 10 grams (2 tablespoons) a day of marine collagen is optimal for skin health.*
• Healthy nail growth: One recent study demonstrated that the each day ingestion of bioactive collagen peptides increased nail growth and improved brittle nails in conjunction with a notable decrease in the frequency of broken nails.
• Improved cellulite morphology: Dietary supplementation with particular collagen peptides has been shown to have a body mass index-dependent beneficial impact on cellulite morphology and appearance.
• Bone and joint help: Although Type II collagen is more particular for joint support, hydrolyzed collagen on the whole is of curiosity as a potential therapeutic agent within the remedy of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis, with a robust safety profile.*
• Body composition: Compared with placebo, collagen peptide supplementation in combination with resistance training further improved body composition by increasing lean mass, muscle power and fats loss in aged sarcopenic men.four Marine collagen also helps provide a full feeling (satiety) for consumers who are trying to lose weight, and preliminary animal research suggests it may promote healthy blood sugar balance.*
Why Choose Vital Vitamins Marine Collagen?
Vital Vitamins’ newest product, marine collagen, provides 9.4 grams of protein per serving, and 8 out of 9 essential amino acids. Our hydrolyzed collagen powder incorporates no odor or taste, is straightforward to digest, and readily dissolves in scorching or cold liquids or soft meals, reminiscent of coffee, smoothies, protein shakes, soups or sauces.
Our marine collagen is sourced from fish, however through the extraction process, virtually all allergens are removed from the collagen. In fact, anyone with a fish allergy should seek the advice of their physician earlier than utilizing marine collagen.
If you loved this article and you wish to receive much more information with regards to hydrolysed collagen assure visit our internet site.