Getting a Passport

Planning to journey outside the United States for your honeymoon? No matter the destination, you’ll need legitimate passports. The only exception is if you happen to plan to go on a closed-loop cruise. Read on for a concise rationalization of what is required for getting a passport for a honeymoon.

Passport Book vs. Passport Card

If you plan to travel by air, then your only option is a passport book. If, nevertheless, you may be touring by land or sea to your honeymoon destination, then you might only need a passport card which is less expensive. Passport cards can be used for journey to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean region.

One thing to consider is future journey plans. Even if you should utilize a passport card on your honeymoon, it would be in your best interest to get a passport book in case you think you’ll journey to international destinations by air over the next 10 years. You can also request both the book and the card on one application for those who prefer.

Which Name to Use for the Passport

Really, there is no such thing as a choice. The name on the passport application form have to be your current legal name not the long run name you will take as soon as married. Unless there will a significant interval between the wedding and the honeymoon, you will want to apply for a passport using your current name. You can request a passport name change after the honeymoon.

Note, the ticket purchased for your honeymoon will need to have the same name on it that is in your passport. This is required by TSA’s Secure Flight Program. This means it is advisable make reservations in your name previous to marriage.

Making use of for the Passport

New passport applications should be submitted at a nearby passport office alongside with evidence of United States citizenship, an identification doc, a replica of your ID and passport photos. You pay an execution payment to the passport agent on the acceptance facility and mail the application charge with your packet to the State Department.

Routine service normally takes between 4 to 6 weeks. You can request expedited service to accelerate the process. Using this methodology should get your passport delivered to you within 2-3 weeks. Processing instances might differ depending on the time of 12 months, natural disasters, holidays and other factors.

Here’s more information on us passport photos online review the page.